My Christmas Present

5:45 PM Posted by Lori Calabrese

Friday night, after returning home from the Christmas festivities at my fiance's parents' house, I was sitting here at my computer when a Yahoo email notification popped up. The email was from my publisher's cover artist, and it had one of those cute little paper clippy things beside it.

I got my cover image for Christmas!

I have to admit, I'd been getting a bit worried. My YA novel, Connection, is due to release in late January, and I hadn't seen the cover art yet. Believe me, it was well worth the wait! The cover captures my characters very well, and the sense of the story. I can't wait to see it on the actual book now.

Having a publisher and their cover artist create a cover that conveys the story isn't always easy. Publishers, artists, and authors often have different opinions of how things should look. Even when the author is able to fill out a cover art sheet, as in my case, there's no guarantee that the finished product will match the author's imagination. Which is to be expected; publishers and artists aren't mind readers, after all!

I'm very happy with the cover art for Connection, though, and I'm going to be counting the days till I get to hold it in my trembling hands.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes
blog comments powered by Disqus