Interview with Jupiter Gardens Press

9:57 AM Posted by Jo Ramsey

In honor of Small Press Month, I asked my publisher, Mary Wilson of Jupiter Gardens Press, a few questions.

How long has your publishing company been in operation?
Jupiter Gardens has been around since January 2008. We started publishing books in October under both our Jupiter Gardens Press and Pink Petal Books imprints and had our first paperbacks out by the end of 2008.

Why did you decide to go into publishing?
I'm an author and have always held a fascination for the business end of things. When I realized I could apply what I learned on the author-side to creating a dynamic, author-friendly publisher for specific genres, I jumped at the chance. I also love editing and the business side of the busienss, so this allows me to do that as well.

Do you publish exclusively YA and children’s books?
No, we publish metaphysical fiction and nonfiction, science fiction and fantasy, and romance novels. Any YA/children's works we publish would fall under those genres.

Do you plan on publishing more YA in the future?
I'd love to see more YA works, especially in the science fiction/fantasy genres. Alternate history is a particular love of mine.

How can authors get more information about your company (submission guidelines, etc.)?
Our website is http://www.jupitergardens.com and our submission guidelines can be found there.

Where can your company’s books be purchased?
We offer books on our website at http://www.jupitergardens.com and also offer paperbacks on Amazon.com, as well as ebooks through their Kindle store. You can also find us on other ebook distribution sites such as Omnilit, Books on Board, and Mobipocket.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes
blog comments powered by Disqus