Discussion: What Works for You in Book Marketing?

12:01 AM Posted by Donna McDine

As authors, whether first timers or seasoned, what have you found to be the most effective tool in your marketing plan?

Since my debut book, The Golden Pathway (http://www.thegoldenpathway.blogspot.com/), is not yet published I am in the midst of developing my marketing kit which includes an informational flyer on The Golden Pathway, bio, PDF files (for my hard copy kit) and links (for my virtual kit) of past interviews, and Indie-Debut 2010 Book Catalogue.

I have also hired Pump Up Your Book Promotion (http://www.pumpupyourbookpromotion.com/) for my virtual book tour. With the expert guidance of my Tour Coordinator, Cheryl Malandrinos and the resources through Pump Up Your Book Promotion I am sure my virtual book tour will be a huge success. I’ve chosen their Gold Package and with the attention to focusing on 30 niche bloggers who draw interest for my books genre, media releases to create maximum publicity, a dedicated personalized tour page, and book trailer running is sure to be an exhilarating experience.

Publication and Virtual Book Tour date to be announced in the coming months.

ADDED BONUS…leave a comment and your email address regarding this subject and be automatically entered to win a FREE copy of Reading Magic ~ Why Reading Aloud to Our Children Will Change Their Lives Forever by Mem Fox. Winner announced Wed, May 19th.

Please join in the discussion as to what has worked for you, what hasn’t and why. I look forward to hearing from you.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes
blog comments powered by Disqus